Drobo Pro FW800fs/iSCSI 8-Slot
Article number: 43039
Listed in category: IT Systems / Enterprise Storage Solutions > Drobo Pro FW800fs/iSCSI 8-Slot from brakensiek.de
DroboPro. The storage robot, which is itself verwaltetDrobo ago: DroboPro, the first storage robot Enterprise Class, the self-administered. DroboPro is based on the revolutionary einfacDroboPro. The storage robot that is self-administered
Drobo presents: DroboPro, the first storage robot Enterprise Class, the self-administered. DroboPro is based on the revolutionary BeyondRAID simple technology that is highly scalable and frees your company from the difficult and limiting decisions that concludes with the management of storage einhergehen.Einfache use a high security is not, and why should companies between stability and flexibility pansion options ? choose DroboPro provides both data security of enterprise-class and unmatched expansion capabilities. The storage system has an optional dual disk redundancy combined with instant capacity expansion. With DroboPro you can experience the carefree memories, bring all the Drobo products with you.
Up to 8 Disks for Instant Expansion to 16TB (and more)
Expand your storage options with your storage requirements - with minimal effort. To increase the capacity, you only need to use a new hard disk or replace your smallest disk with a larger (if all eight disk bays are full). Unlike traditional RAID systems, allows the BeyondRAID technology DroboPro, drive brands, capacities and speeds to mix. With an ever-growing storage needs, this system offers tremendous expansion. DroboPro allows you the differences between all common RAID levels and provides automatic password and Erweiterung.Der immediate access to data is always maintained.
Worry-free storage by dual-drive redundancy
Enable the dual-drive redundancy (dual disk redundancy) to protect your data with simultaneous failure of up to two hard disks. This option allows you to activate with a single click, without losing access to the data is lost. They're running out of space? In this case you DroboPro allows one-click easy to drive redundancy switch back. Unlike the switch between RAID 5 and RAID 6 does not reformat or migrate data from the array is out of time - saving you hours or whole days.
Triple interface including iSCSI
Attach DroboPro directly to the server or workstation on which you need storage space. Alternatively, the storage system and a shared server or workstation on the network
that bind offer access to multiple clients. The interface options include:
• iSCSI (using Gigabit Ethernet)
• FireWire 800
• USB 2.0
iSCSI is new to you? This is a high-performance protocol - very popular with storage environments in the company - its management can be time consuming and complex. DroboPro changes that: For both Windows and Mac OS X includes the storage solution is a connection that requires no additional configuration. (1)
The advantages of the Smart Volumes
Create new volumes in seconds and easily manage up to 16 x 16TB of storage capacity. The innovative and timesaving, DroboPro enables integrated in Smart Volume management technology is to use a common pool of storage capacity - and not as usual from a specific physical disk array. The consuming resizing and migrating volumes is thus replaced by easy-to-use and intelligent technology. (2)
Suitable for rack mounting, low in the desktop application
DroboPro is equally suitable for rack mounting in use as a desktop. Two smart fans automatically manage their speed to optimize cooling and operating noise
DroboPro view demo video below:
• Hard Drives: An up to eight hard drives, 3.5 inch SATA I / SATA II hard drives are possible of any manufacturer, with any capacity, speed and / or cache. No carriers or tools required
• Interfaces: iSCSI (using Gigabit Ethernet), FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 compatible) and USB 2.0 (1)
• Dimensions: 309.1 x 138.7 x 358.1 mm (W x H x L) DroboPro Rack Mount (SKU: DRPR1R11) sold separately (3U for a standard 19 inch rack)
• Weight: about 8 kg (without hard drives or packaging)
• Operating Temperature (operating): -10 ° C to 35 ° C Temperature (storage): -10 ° C to 60, height (in operation): 2,438 meters, humidity (operating): 5% - 80%
• Power supply: 180W internal power supply. Power-saving automatic hard drive spin-down option
• Input Power: Input power: 100/240 VAC, 1.8 / 0.75 A, 50/60 Hz
• Included cables: Ethernet (x1), FireWire 800 (1x), USB 2.0 (1x) and power cable (1x)
• Software: DroboPro Resource CD with Drobo Dashboard (Windows and Mac OS X), help files and documentation
• File System Formats: NTFS, HFS +, FAT32 and EXT3
• System requirements: Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Vista (SP1), Server 2003 and 2008, Apple Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later and OS X Server v10.4.11 or later (Mac OS X 10.5.6 or higher is recommended for optimal iSCSI performance and
Reliability) Linux using EXT3. (3)
(1) iSCSI support for Windows XP and Vista using the Microsoft Windows iSCSI initiator, for OS X Drobo Dashboard is required because OS X
has a built-in iSCSI initiator. The Drobo Dashboard includes iSCSI initiators for Windows and OS X (free) and allows easy
iSCSI connection creation.
(2) The creation of multiple Smart Volumes will be supported by Drobo Dashboard v1.5.0.
(3) Support for Linux systems, currently available only as a beta version.
BeyondRAID uses the same data protection technologies such as conventional RAID (redundant independent array of independent disks / redundant array of disks), including data mirroring (mirroring) and with parity Striping.BeyondRAID the algorithms used, however, based on a stable and flexible storage virtualization platform an.So raises BeyondRAID the limitations and disadvantages which are associated with dieüblicherweise RAID.
The benefits of BeyondRAID are:
• protect data against disk failure
• Instant capacity expansion without downtime
• Selbstreparaturhen BeyondRAID technology that is highly scalable and frees your company from the difficult and limiting decisions that the management of storage einhergehen.Einfac
* Zusicherungen und Markennamen:
We are not authorized reseller of this brand we use the names only for description
Your contact person: Tim Brakensiek
product request: Drobo Pro FW800fs/iSCSI 8-Slot